Pastured Meats CSA
We realize some folks can't remember to, or don't want to order from the online store. For other folks, variety is the spice of life - rather spending time looking through the meat cuts available on the online store, they want their farmer, to curate a package of different meats throughout the year -learning new cuts and having the farmer provide them with a mystery bundle each month. If you fit into either of these categories, the Old Homeplace Farm Pastured Meat CSA might be your ideal solution!
The Old Homeplace Pastured Meat CSA works like this:
- CSA subscriptions contains grass fed beef and pastured pork. All meats in the CSA basket are processed at a USDA-inspected facility.
- You can choose from three different subscription options to best match your needs: an 8 pound package, a 12 pound package, or a 20 pound package. Current subscription rates are $56/month (8 pounder), $78/month (12 pounder), and $125/month (20 pounder).
- Your family will receive at least 8, 12, or 20 pounds of meat (depending on your choice of subscription) in each month's basket. The cuts and varieties of meat in each basket will depend on the season, since different classes of animals are ready for processing at different times of the year. Each basket will contain a mix of daily use and premium meat cuts.
- We meet you once per month at a predetermined time and location to deliver your meat and pick up payment. See below for delivery locations.
- Each subscription lasts for six months, but you can automatically renew at the end if you chose to do so. Your monthly price is locked in for the duration of the subscription period.
- Meat deliveries are conducted every month of the year.
What does CSA stand for? What is a CSA?
CSA is an acronym for Community Supported Agriculture. This means that the customer (aka community) supports the farm by paying a set amount of money, and trusts the farmer to provide a "share" of the farm to them. A farm share is a unique collaboration between the land, the farmer and community members. Members purchase a “farm share” in return for a portion of the harvest (in this case cuts of meat) throughout the season. The customer trusts the farmer to curate a mystery subscription box each month with the cuts of meat currently available.
Don't want the hassle of bringing your checkbook to the delivery? Feel free to pay online each month using our secure PayPal link!
Where Is My Local Delivery Location?
We currently deliver to several locations in southeastern Kentucky. Our delivery locations and times are listed below, or you can click here for a map of our delivery points.
- EKU Manchester Campus parking lot: Tuesdays @ 6:00 PM
- Oneida Post Office: Wednesday @ 5:00 PM
Laurel Storage Center, London: first Tuesday of each month @ 5:00 PM
Moonbow, Corbin: first Tuesday 4:00 PM through Thursday 6:00pm
Meat CSA packahes will be delivered to Moonbow by 4:00pm on the first Tuesday of the month and will be available for pickup until 6pm on Thursday. Orders will be placed in the freezer in the kitchen of Moonbow/2nd & Main in downtown Corbin. Please ask staff at Moonbow to retrieve your order for you. Orders MUST BE PICKED UP BY THURSDAY AT 6PM. If orders are not picked up by Thursday at 6pm, Moonbow staff/owners are allowed to eat or discard the food to make space for weekend event preparation.
Moonbow hours are 12pm-6pm Tuesday-Thursday. Moonbow is located at 115 S. Main Street Corbin
Hyden Spur Park and Ride: first Thursday of the month @ 4:45 PM
Triangle Park, Hazard: First Thursday of the month @ 5:30 PM
If you would like to receive more information about the Old Homeplace Farm Pastured Meats CSA, please fill out the contact form below!
Old Homeplace Farm Pastured Meats CSA
Old Homeplace Farm: From Our Pasture to Your Plate!