2019 Summer CSA Farm Share program
What does CSA stand for? What is a CSA?
CSA is an acronym for Community Supported Agriculture. This means that the customer (aka community) supports the farm by paying a set amount of money, and trusts the farmer to provide a "share" of the farm to them. A farm share is a unique collaboration between the land, the farmer and community members. Members purchase a “farm share” in return for a portion of the harvest throughout the season. The customer trusts the farmer to curate a mystery subscription box each week with the vegetables currently available for harvest. We will harvest and provide a bountiful supply of produce to each member once a week throughout the summer
The Old Homeplace Summer Vegetable CSA works like this:
- The 2019 CSA program will run 14 weeks, from the first full week of summer, the week starting June 23rd, through the first full week of fall, the week starting September 22, 2019.
- Each "share" (veggie package) will contain 8-10 different vegetables each week. Shares will mostly likely always include lettuce, another green (mustard, kale, collards, or arugula), tomatoes, and a root veggie (salad turnips, radishes, carrots, or beets). The rest of the 8-10 items, as well as the veggies listed above will change every week. This is one of the things that makes buying locally exciting! CSA customers will get to experience the changing of the season along with their farmer.
- Customers will pick up their shares at our current designated delivery points, or can have veggie packages delivered to their home (if they live within 5 miles of pick up locations). See bottom of page for pick up locations.
CSA share program vs. Online Store
The CSA and the online store are both wonderful options for purchasing, fresh, locally raised produce. Both avenues will be delivered the freshest produce, grown with great care.
The CSA might be for you if...
- You are interested in purchasing locally grown, fresh produce, but you can't remember to (or don't want to) order online every week
- You want to Maggie to curate a mystery veggie package for you every week because you love surprises and cooking with what is currently available
- You want to pre-pay in advance for summer produce as a way to financially support the farm, and help us plan our crop succession without wondering if we'll be able to sell the veggies
The Online Store might be for you if...
- You meal plan in advance and want to purchase specific items for specific recipes
- You don't like surprises, and want a greater level of control over which items you're purchasing
- You can't commit to receiving produce every week for the 14 week CSA program, and want to be able to purchase from the online store at your convenience
Veggie share options and pricing
Interested in participating the veggie CSA, but also want to purchase meat? Don't want the hassle of ordering meat from our online store, since you can trust that veggies will arrive through the CSA without remembering to order?
We also offer a meat CSA, which we have been running since 2011! Want to try it out for the summer? Purchase a meat CSA add-on with the veggie CSA. The meat CSA add-on will provide 8lbs of meat each month, 3 times throughout the 14 veggie program (meat add-on will be delivered the first week of July, August, and September).
Choose from different subscription options to best match your needs:
- Small veggie share options
- Small veggie share, customer pick up $210
- Small veggie share, home delivery each week $260
- Small veggie share, with 3 month meat CSA add-on, customer pick up $378
- Small veggie share, 3 month meat CSA, home delivery $428
- Large veggie share options
- Large veggie share, customer pick up $350
- Large veggie share, home delivery each week $400
- Large veggie share, with 3 month meat CSA add-on, customer pick up $518
- Large veggie share, 3 month meat CSA, home delivery $568
Old Homeplace Farm Summer Share Pledge
In becoming a member of the Old Homepace Farm Summer CSA farm share program, I understand the following:
- I am supporting local food production and am making a financial commitment for the 2019 summer season. As the designated shareholder, I understand my payment is non-refundable.
- I recognize farming is a risk-taking venture, and as such I realize there will be no guarantees on the exact amount or kind of products I receive.
- I understand it is my responsibility to pick up my share at my designated pick up location, or to purchase a share option with home delivery. There will be no refund for CSA packages not picked up. If I cannot make it to the pick up location it is my responsibility to find someone to pick up my share.
- Farm share pick up will begin the week of June 23rd, and continue every week through the week of September 22, 2019.
- I fully understand and accept this commitment and assume responsibility to contact Old Homeplace Farm if there are any questions or concerns.
We currently deliver to a variety of locations in southeastern Kentucky. Our current pick up locations and times are listed below.
- EKU Manchester Campus parking lot: Tuesdays @ 6:00 PM
- Be Healthy With Beth Fitness Class, Clay County Health Department: Mondays @6:30pm
- Oneida Post Office: Wednesday @ 5:00 PM
Laurel County Library, London: Tuesdays @ 5:00 PM
Moonbow, Corbin: Tuesdays 4:00 PM through Thursdays 6:00pm
Orders will be delivered to Moonbow by 4:00pm on Tuesday afternoons and will be available for pickup until 6pm on Thursdays. Orders will be placed in the fridge/freezer in the kitchen of Moonbow/2nd & Main in downtown Corbin. Please ask staff at Moonbow to retrieve your order for you. Orders MUST BE PICKED UP BY THURSDAYS AT 6PM. If orders are not picked up by Thursday at 6pm, Moonbow staff/owners are allowed to eat or discard the food to make space for weekend event preparation.
Moonbow hours are 12pm-6pm Tuesday-Thursday. Moonbow is located at 115 S. Main Street Corbin
Hyden Spur Park and Ride: Thursdays @ 4:45 PM
Triangle Park, Hazard: Thursdays @ 5:30 PM